Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Super easy 3 ingredient lemonade scones {gluten free}

Week two of the flu for my little people and I am passing the time at home (in-between looking after them) with a little baking and sewing.

This recipe makes super light and fluffy scones - perfect with some raspberry jam and a dollop of cream.  Even though appetites have been small around here of late, these were well received!












You will need:

450 g gluten free self raising flour (I used Well and Good)
250 ml cream (I used a thick dolloping cream as that was all I had and it worked perfectly)
250 ml lemonade

Extra flour for dusting
A little milk for brushing

  • Heat your oven to approx 200c (fan forced)
  • Mix the three main ingredients together.  I threw it all in the Thermomix and put it on 'knead' for approximately 40 seconds but you can use a mixer or do it by hand.  Don't over-mix.
  • Dust your surface with extra GF SR flour and roll out your dough to about 2 cms thick.  
  • Cut rounds using a small fluted edge cutter and place on to a baking tray lined with paper.  
  • Brush the tops with a little milk and put in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

I got 24 scones from one batch however I would roll them a little thicker next time (mine were a little less than 2 cm). 


Serve with your favourite jam and cream :)

Recipe adapted from the Gluten Free Recipe Book by The Coeliac Society








No comments:

Post a Comment